5.22.2008

12 weeks!!!

3 months has finally arrived! Just about 1/3 of the way there!
According to babycenter.com here is a picture and some updates on the little kiddo inside:
  • Reflexes are the most dramatic change this week -- fingers & toes begin to curl, eye muscles will clench, and the mouth starts on sucking movements.
  • If I 'prod' my belly, the baby will squirm in response, but I won't be able to feel it yet.
  • It's intestines are growing so fast they're protruding into the umbilical cord, but are starting to move into the lower abdomen cavity.
  • The kidneys are starting to do their job and excrete urine into its bladder.

According to my other pregnancy website that I love, our baby's brain is fully formed, the skin is very sensative, and it can even feel pain. It can even start sucking it's thumb! The eyelids now cover the eyes, but the baby won't open its eyes until about 7 months.

Even though the morning/evening sickness is wearing off (which I'm very thankful for!) this website says that now heartburn may start to set it. I haven't had too many problems with it, but I have noticed it a time or two.

And, with early advice from my doctor brother to stay far far away from caffine, a good alternate is this "sweet treat" idea: Instead of your morning coffee, try a cup of steamed milk with a shot of flavored syrup. Delicious — and good for you and your baby! Sounds good to me!

No comments: