2.03.2009

the rave of 25 random things...

I saw that Katie posted her list of 25 things on her blog the other day and thought to myself, how creative--what a great idea! so here's my list of 25 random things that you might not know about me :) I think each small group should be assigned this task. and though some of the items are of little importance, it just sheds some light into each person's real self and I really like reading them. so -- small group, I think we should do this.

1. We hosted a superbowl party & I don't care a cent about football, but I love my friends. And food.
2. I wouldn't trade my life for anybody elses' on the planet -- for reasons:
a) my husband
b) my daughter
c) the rest of my family, close & distand and including my dog and cat
d) Lakeland
3. I love hot bubble baths with lots and lots of obnoxious bubbles...to the extent that it's bad for my tub motor...
4. I wish we were on ARMY time ALL the time.
5. I feel a little guilty that while watching the Biggest Loser I am compelled to eat a bowl of Edy's Loaded Butterfinger ice cream WITH magic hardshell. And I give in. ( I said I only feel a little guilty.)
6. I've learned that Dave Ramsey actually does know what he's talking about.
7. I think that it's possible to never forget the pain of labor & delivery, no matter what people say.
8. If I could play a professional sport, I would be a swimmer. Actually, while we're playing make believe, I'd be the female version of Michael Phelps. Why settle, right? (Except I wouldn't have pictures taken of me and released to the news like he did this past week)
9. After being a christian all my life, I'm now learning that I don't know nearly as much as I thought I did -- that God really isn't in this little box that I always unintentionally put him in.
10. I think by the time we're done painting all the rooms in our house we may end up with atleast 3 rooms painted Home Depot college team colors: Texas orange, Oklahoma red, and Mizzou black and gold (different rooms, obviously).
11. I love being in bed by 9:30pm.
12. I love the smell of our coffee coming on at 6am.
13. I am constantly trying to break the habit instilled in me by my mom and my grandpa of saving everything and being a pack-rat. I'm a work in progress.
14. I learned from my sister-in-law that blogging really is a great thing. Now I have memories saved from during my pregnancy that my terrible memory never would have remembered otherwise. Thank you Katie!!
15. I think that all of us people in general pretty much suck due to our imperfections of being human, so we all just need to cut each other a whole lot more slack and just say 'it is what it is' and move on with life.
16. I knew I wanted to name our baby girl Ava before I ever knew we were pregnant.
17. I don't like scarey movies at all. AT ALL.
18. I love listening to music pretty much all the time. Especially the score to Twilight. It is so peaceful.
19. I could watch Fox News 24/7. Wait -- almost. Minus 30 minutes for Wheel of Fortune and 30 minutes for Jeopardy.
20. I realize now that I took for granted all those years playing the piano and how relaxing it was. I miss it.
21. My favorite job was probably being a coffee barista in college town columbia at Lakota Coffee.
22. I hope my daughter gets her father's running capabilities and NOT mine. It's not pretty.
23. I wish I could pull off Posh Spice/Victoria Beckham's hair cut. I learned about 5 years ago that short hair is not my calling in life however and never again want to be mistaken as a boy.
24. I loathe driving over bridges.
25. I am so thankful that my husband agreed to us taking pictures together while I was pregnant with our daughter. And though I was big, VERY big, I love those pictures.

No comments: