10.23.2008

34 weeks (6 to go...)

I now know exactly what the pregnant woman waddle is. It is when you get to a certain point in your pregnancy where you can physically feel your hip bones spreading apart and it's much more comfortable to walk with them wider {where they are headed anyway} rather than fight it. It's not attractive. But boy is it more comfortable.

I also think I noticed my first Braxton-Hicks contractions this week. And maybe it's happened before and I haven't noticed it, but I'm fairly certain that is what I felt yesterday. I started to feel my belly tighten, and I thought it was originally just Ava pushing outward, or moving awkwardly. but then I felt the sides of my belly sort of pull towards the front of my whole belly. very bizarre and alien-ish.

Ava is getting bigger and bigger, and now apparently is resting on my uterus and no longer is floating in me. According to the "average", she should be about 19.8 inches long & nearly 5lb! So there is a light at the end of the tunnel...I know I'll at least lose a few pounds once she comes out... :) I'll have plenty of work to do once I recover and can start exercising again.

No comments: