3.27.2009


Bath time is about an every-other-night occurance for our little one at home. I like to set myself up for success, NOT failure, and I'm certain that I would fail if I said I'd get to it every night. However, I don't know why not. There is something so sweet, so peaceful about bathtime, it's almost spiritual {said so appropriately by Katie}. Just looking at her, so honest and content. I think I probably get more out of it than she does because it's the perfect wind-down-from-an-unnecessarily-stressful-day right before bedtime. I think I need it at the end of the day just as much, if not more, than I need coffee to jumpstart my mornings. The joy she gets out of splishin-and-splashin in the water is priceless. The surprised look on her face when water gets her a little wet from her own feet is very comical. And the pure happiness when she sees that her daddy has settled the dog down enough so that he can come join us for bath time is truly heart-settling.

There really is something to what Jesus said, "I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven." If only we could make life so simple again, as children know it all so well.

No comments: