8.20.2008

24w + 6d

where do I begin...
My husband and I just got back from the Bahamas so that's why it's been a while since the last update.
here is a photo from our trip, and a link to see the rest of the photos at smugmug if you're interested.

We had an amazing time and I had no pregnancy complications while I was there, which I am SO thankful for. Ava was movin and groovin the whole time, so she must've loved it too!

tomorrow is 25 weeks and I go to the dr on Friday morning for our next check-up.

here are some things that I missed updating since I've been gone...

23 weeks = she is looking more and more like a little baby doll. Her skin is a little loose, since skin is producing more rapidly than fat is. but if she's anything like her mom, it won't take her long to get caught up :) she may look a little red right now, that's because her skin is loosing it's transparency and the pigment is starting to form.

24 weeks = her face is basically now complete! Her eyes are still shut, her ears are in their correct possition now, hair will continue to grow and her eyelashes are developing. Most of her features look the way they will when she is born. She is now running out of room to do cartwheels and somersaults though since she is growing so much.

25 weeks = my uterus is the size of a soccer ball! Her heartbeat can be heard with a stethoscope, a doppler, or possibly even unaided just by putting your ear to my belly! good news: if we were to for some reason have her early, she has a good chance of surviving by now, though she would have to be in the hospital for a few months possibly. we'll just let her hang out in there for a little while longer :) no need to rush things.

No comments: